WEAR Sustain Events
A series of local events will take place across Europe during the project’s first Open Call. During April and May this year, in the lead up to the Call 1 competition to fund up to 24 projects, with a competition deadline of 31st May 2017.
If you are unable to attend a local event and are seeking a collaborative partner, please visit our Online Network.
To see events from Open Call 1 please click here.
To see Webinars from Open Call 1 please click here.
Events and webinars for Open Call 2 will be announced in due course.
A list of other relevant events is located below.
- This event has passed.
Link-Up Talk ‘The New Textile Generation’ – Call WEAR sustain
May 16 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm UTC+2
- Are you the next pioneer in ethical wearables or e-textiles?
- Are you looking for an interesting partner or coach? Do you want to test your idea with an expert?
- And can you use a financial push in the back?
Then come on the 16th of May to the Design Museum in Ghent.
Ministry of Makers have organised a pre-submission event of a European call launched in early April by the ‘WEAR Sustain’ consortium and supported by Creative Ring Ghent.
‘WEAR Sustain’ is a Horizon2020 research project that will enable European designers, creators and technicians to collaborate in the next generation of clothing and e-textiles: innovative, ethical, sustainable, environmentally friendly and aesthetic.
48 selected projects from all over Europe can each receive up to EUR 50,000 as support to market a prototype. At this event you will get more details and explanation about the project.
In addition, experts will talk about the latest developments in smart textiles:
- Lieva Van Langenhove (Professor UGent and Just Professor of Textiles)
- Alexandra De Raeve (Department of Fashion, Textile and Wood Technology Hogeschool Gent)
- Katrien Herdewyn (Elegnano)
- Jelle Saldien (Professor UGent, Department of Industrial Systems Engineering and Product Design).
The evening ends with a networking session where you can look for a suitable match to consolidate your team.
Nice extra: Whoever comes to the pre-submission event can visit the “Right / Averechts” textile exhibition that is currently in the Design Museum for free.