In a nutshell, WEAR Sustain ensures that you are in complete control of the data you choose to share!
We are fast approaching the final six months of the WEAR Sustain project when we will begin to share the research and innovation insights we will have gleaned over two years, towards shifting the wearables and e-textile industry towards a more ethical and sustainable approach.
A new EU GDPR law means that to send you news and content, you will need to have given us your explicit consent to contact you.
It’s easy to opt-in with just two steps:
- Log into your profile page in the network (see top right of network page)
- Tick boxes to edit your email subscriptions
Oh, but I already subscribed!
What happens next and do you protect my data?
The WEAR Sustain Network is powered by our consortium partner Datascouts, which has always strived for total transparency within their public ecosystems. Your data is backed up on private and secure servers based in the EU, and as a user you have always had the right to update or remove any part of your information or profile, should you wish to.
WEAR Sustain and DataScouts do not sell your data or use it for commercial purposes.
Just tick the two WEAR Sustain checkboxes to receive weekly reports and newsletters when you follow the Opt-In link above. Click UPDATE PROFILE to save your changes.
What if I don’t Opt-in?
There are some other changes which will happen after the 25th May;
- PERSONAL EMAILS: If a company profile on your ecosystem isn’t claimed and it contains a personal email address we will remove these email addresses. All non personal addresses (Info@, hello@, …) will remain in the database.
- UNCLAIMED PERSONAL PROFILES which have not yet been claimed by a user will be hidden from the ecosystem. This will not happen for people being legal entities.
- SOURCE FILES: We will delete the source files (mostly from the original upload) that were on our servers, or shared with us. The data will only remain on the platform and with you.
- RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN: People in our network have always had the right to be forgotten, and still have. In your user profile you will be able to edit or delete the information we have about you.
What do you know about me?
Can I unsubscribe?
Yes, it’s easy. Click on the Opt-In button above and select what you want to unsubscribe to. In addition you can completely delete your profile by clicking on the basket in the top right hand corner of the page.