Opportunities to be Involved
WEAR Sustain invites art, design, technology and engineering professionals / entities in the wearables and e-textiles domains to participate. By supporting our work you can have a positive impact on your practice, your organisation, the sector as a whole and society by generating new knowledge and insights for technology ethics and sustainability.
We invite you to:
If you would like to become a WEAR Sustain Expert, Mentors or Hub, please contact us.
JOIN THE WEAR SUSTAIN ONLINE NETWORK:Be identified as an actor in the European wearable technology ecosphere. Receive access and contribute to real-time and accurate insights, technology trends and relevant news happening across the wearables and e-textile ecosystem.
APPLY TO OUR OPEN CALLS:Awards of up to €50,000 allow collaborative teams the much needed seed funding to jumpstart promising concepts, receive support and mentoring to develop prototypes to as close to market as possible, in a 6-8 month window. We invite teams of artist/designers, together with technology/engineering practitioners and SMEs to apply.
TAKE PART IN EVENTS & SUSTAINABILITY STRATEGY:Attend one of a series of ten local WEAR Sustain events taking place across Europe. The events are aimed at supporting knowledge exchange and confronting the key issues related to the life-cycle and supply-chain of ethical, critical and aesthetic wearable technology and smart textiles. A WEAR Sustain Sustainability Strategy and Toolkit will be produced at the end of the project and made freely available via this website for all to use.
Participants will gain:
- Access to a growing wearables and smart textiles community;
- A listing on the WEAR calendar of events;
- Access to the WEAR Sustain network of experts;
- You/your organisation promoted as an expert, mentor, hub or host in WEAR Sustain publicity material and website;
- For experts and mentors some nominal travel and related expenses, as well as other modest forms of remuneration through the WEAR Sustain voucher system will be provided;
- Ticket to the final showcase event;
- Opportunities to frame what next generation wearables could and should be embracing aesthetic, ethical and critical issues.
Share our project findings:
We encourage stakeholders to tune into WEAR Sustain media channels, to keep abreast of new findings. Visit our Resources page to read the project’s deliverables and research papers as they become available.